What can I give my baby to stop diarrhea?
If your child eats solid foods, the doctor might recommend switching to bland, starchy foods like strained bananas, applesauce, and rice cereal until the diarrhea stops.
Baby Diarrhea Treatments
- Greasy foods.
- Foods that are high in fiber.
- Dairy products such as milk and cheese.
- Sweets such as cake, cookies, and soda.
What can I give my baby for upset stomach and diarrhea?
Give your child fluids for the first 4 to 6 hours. At first, try 1 ounce (2 tablespoons or 30 milliliters) of fluid every 30 to 60 minutes. You can use: An over-the-counter drink, such as Pedialyte or Infalyte — do not water down these drinks.
Diarrhea in infants
- Rice cereal.
How do you stop diarrhea in babies naturally?
If your child has diarrhea, it’s important to feed them a healthy, well-balanced diet in addition to plenty of fluids. In the past, doctors suggested the “BRAT” diet (bananas, rice, applesauce and toast) as a solution to help children with diarrhea.
Does gripe water make babies have diarrhea?
Does gripe water cause any side effects? Gripe water side effects are not common, but in rare circumstances babies under one month may experience vomiting, Fisher says. You should also watch for any possible indications of an allergy to gripe water for babies, including diarrhea, hives and itchy skin.
How can I settle my child’s upset stomach?
Home treatment for tummy aches
- Have your child lie down and rest.
- Place a warm compress or heating pad on their stomach.
- Gently massage your child’s belly, which can help with gas and indigestion.
- Give small sips of water.
- Check with your doctor before giving any over-the-counter medication.
What helps a baby’s upset stomach?
17 Ways to Soothe Baby’s Upset Stomach
- Try a Baby Massage. …
- Bicycle Baby’s Legs to Remove Gas. …
- Find the Right Formula. …
- Check Your Latch. …
- Check for Oversupply, Too. …
- Don’t Overfeed. …
- Don’t Distract Your Baby During Feeding. …
- Burp in Different Positions.
What foods stop diarrhea in babies?
Children should avoid certain kinds of foods when they have diarrhea, including fried foods, greasy foods, processed or fast foods, pastries, donuts, and sausage. Avoid giving children apple juice and full-strength fruit juices, as they can loosen stool.
How long can diarrhea last in babies?
Most of the time mild diarrhea lasts from 3 to 6 days. Sometimes a child will have loose stools for several days more. As long as the child acts well and is drinking and eating enough, parents do not need to worry about loose stools.