What can I give my child for acid reflux?
What treatments might the doctor give for my child’s GERD?
- Over-the-counter antacids.
- H2 blockers, which decrease acid production.
- Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which lower the amount of acid the stomach makes.
- Prokinetics, which help the stomach empty faster.
What helps acid reflux immediately?
We’ll go over some quick tips to get rid of heartburn, including:
- wearing loose clothing.
- standing up straight.
- elevating your upper body.
- mixing baking soda with water.
- trying ginger.
- taking licorice supplements.
- sipping apple cider vinegar.
- chewing gum to help dilute acid.
Is yogurt good for acid reflux?
Yogurt that is low in fat is generally safe to eat for those who have GERD. You should avoid eating yogurt that contains whole fat rather than low amounts of fat. Whole fat yogurt can be harder for you to digest and might trigger GERD symptoms.
Are eggs bad for acid reflux?
Egg whites are a good option. Limit egg yolks, though, which are high in fat and may trigger reflux symptoms.
Are apples good for acid reflux?
Apples are a good source of calcium, magnesium, and potassium. It’s thought that these alkalizing minerals may help relieve symptoms of acid reflux. Acid reflux occurs when stomach acid rises into the esophagus.
What is a good lunch for acid reflux?
- Baked potatoes topped with low-fat salad dressing.
- Broth-based soups.
- Grilled foods.
- Lean cuts of meat, white meat.
- Low-fat or no-fat salad dressings.
- Lighter desserts, such as angel food cake.
- Sandwiches with turkey, chicken, or roast beef on whole grain bread.
- Steamed vegetables.
What nuts are bad for acid reflux?
Pistachios, cashews, hazelnuts, and almonds: avoid
Most nuts are good for your tummy, but pistachios and cashews are high in fructans and GOS, both FODMAPs. Hazelnuts and almonds are a little higher in FODMAPs than some other nuts so eat them in limited quantities (10 nuts or 1 tablespoon nut butter per serving).
Is bread good for acid reflux?
Whole grains — High fiber, whole-grains like brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grain breads help stop symptoms of acid reflux. They are a good source of fiber and may help absorb stomach acid.
What is a good breakfast for acid reflux?
Oatmeal has been a whole-grain breakfast favorite for generations. It is a good source of fiber, so it keeps you feeling full and promotes regularity. Oats also absorb stomach acid and reduce symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). For something sweet, top your oatmeal with bananas, apples or pears.